Monday, October 17, 2011

things that make me want to cry

When I see my children following footsteps they think are "normal" to follow.
When I run up and try and grab them away from the footsteps, not realizing that in doing this,
I'm automatically labeling the footsteps they are in as "wrong" 
When I'm part of the reason the footsteps exist in the first place.

I spend all day trying to "help" keep the peace around here
And then I realize, I'm part of the problem, 
And if I just let the process go, my husband, my coparent 
Deals with it just fine.  
And by jumping in, I may have just diminished his authority in the view of our children.

I realize we are hurting.  We're hurting bad.  We're trying, but we're human.
We have intense feelings of rejection and misunderstandings right now.
Anytime we reach out, it seems like someone has a solution, an idea, a way to do it better.
But no one comes alongside us to walk this rough road with us.

And it just adds to the hurt, the frustrations, the pain.  The things that make me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go here. They are moderated. Your opinions are yours', but this blog is mine. My own little piece of control. Thanks!