Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let's start out with a negative vacuum post

When I teased my friends about wanting to start blogging so I could say how much things did (or didn't) suck, a lot more people than I thought said that they would read it.  So it's their fault, okay?


Of course, when I start actually trying to WRITE the dang thing, I get writer's block.  One of my best friends in the wholewide-ever world reminded me about one of the best times ever!


There are some times in your life where you do stupid things, and no one sees it....like the time I came back from going out with friends and tipped over an entire 44 ounce thing of water and thought I wet myself.


There are other times where you do stupid things and you WISH no one saw it...like the time I knocked over an entire gazebo and tried to act like I was all cool and didn't do anything.....


....and then there are the times where, well, you're glad you are with EXACTLY the person you need to be with when you do something stupid.


Oh, and yeah....I don't have a lot of close friends, but the ones I do have are my forever friends, so I will talk about my different friends, and don't worry....if you don't know about it happening, any given story isn't about you....if you want me to use names, I will, but I just like saying "friend" or "BFF"....


There was a period of time where I partied.  A LOT.  Like a lot, a lot.  Shush, don't tell my children.  They don't know.  Well, the oldest one does because I'm trying to convince her partying is bad and evil and she'd better not ever do it.  'Cuz she's a teen and my job is to make her life hell.  Okay, sorry...I am back on point now....


Partying.  Yes.  I had a point in my life where all I did was work hard and party even harder.  Sorry if you missed it.  The company I worked for an hour away from home didn't want to risk me driving home exhausted after a shift and crashing or even worse, driving home after partying after a shift, so they put me up at a hotel.  I had no attachments to my responsibilities at home, so I pretty much lived at the hotel.  I was blessed to become best friends with one of the desk auditors and we spent the next year hanging out any chance we got.


One of the BEST NIGHTS EVER we had spent going from place to place to place.  I wouldn't recommend this or the next part to anyone, but it does make for awesome story now....we were getting ready for me to drive him home.  I just had to aim the car, get him home, turn the car around, make one more turn and I was at the hotel....Well, we get in the car, and I'm supposed to be driving.  After a few minutes, I turn to my friend and say "the car's broken".  He looks at me and says "what do you mean, it's broken?"  I proceed to tell him how the dang car's broken cuz it's not moving and won't go into gear so we can get it moving.


A couple of seconds pass....he tells me very calmly.....


"Um, babe....keys aren't in the ignition".


See....these type of stories are what will get a "negative vacuum" rating on this blog.  These are stories that make up my happy place and don't suck at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go here. They are moderated. Your opinions are yours', but this blog is mine. My own little piece of control. Thanks!