Monday, October 23, 2017

Oh my old friends...

Oh...you thought I was talking about you? I'm talking about my friends anxiety, depression, despair. Why do I call them friends? They let me know I'm alive. That I'm fighting. That there's more to life than getting beaten over and over and over again.

I wish they didn't like me as much or show up unannounced as much as they do. You know THOSE type of friends. But yeah, I would like to see them every once in a while so I would know how my life has changed because of their existence. But I don't let ANY of my friends dictate what I do, who I see, what I feel...and I'm learning it's okay to do the same with anxiety, depression and despair.

2 comments:

  1. I love you! You are such an inspiration to me. Battling with your own mind is scary as hell and you do it with so much strength. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. >But I don't let ANY of my friends dictate what I do, who I see, what I feel...and I'm learning it's okay to do the same with anxiety, depression and despair.

    Awesome way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments go here. They are moderated. Your opinions are yours', but this blog is mine. My own little piece of control. Thanks!